I made Braden drive back by it so I could check it out again, and sure enough, it was painted from the angle to the left of the fountain above & included a little more in its view, but it was unmistakeably the very same little square in St. Paul de Vence in France. The same windows, the same fountain, the plants still there on the restaurant ledge, the umbrellas (they were popped open in his painting), the same sloping wall on the right...ahhh, seeing it took me right back to being there--so beautiful!
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
st paul de vence
On Sunday afternoon we drove past Safeway to get to another store in the same shopping center. They were having an art sale for charity, so paintings were hung up, propped up and stacked outside the store. As we passed the store, a huge painting caught my eye because it was a painting of this very spot in St Paul de Vence that I painted years ago when I was there! How crazy is that?!
I made Braden drive back by it so I could check it out again, and sure enough, it was painted from the angle to the left of the fountain above & included a little more in its view, but it was unmistakeably the very same little square in St. Paul de Vence in France. The same windows, the same fountain, the plants still there on the restaurant ledge, the umbrellas (they were popped open in his painting), the same sloping wall on the right...ahhh, seeing it took me right back to being there--so beautiful!
I made Braden drive back by it so I could check it out again, and sure enough, it was painted from the angle to the left of the fountain above & included a little more in its view, but it was unmistakeably the very same little square in St. Paul de Vence in France. The same windows, the same fountain, the plants still there on the restaurant ledge, the umbrellas (they were popped open in his painting), the same sloping wall on the right...ahhh, seeing it took me right back to being there--so beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment