Saturday, May 16, 2009

let's be sponsible!

Lately, Maddie has been wanting to be more sponsible. She sets and clears the table for me now, a chore which currently makes her feel very mature and sponsible. A while back she started asking, "Can I have a glass fork? I will be sponsible." (She calls our silverware 'glass'.) This is a big deal for her because Caleb is NOT allowed to have regular forks--he likes to use them as swords. But recently Maddie has taken her request to the next level: "Can I have my own knife?" Butter knife, of course.

So there she was this morning, mangling her pancake to death with her fork and knife. While Caleb was having Daddy cut his pancake, he noticed Maddie working on hers. "Duss Maddie cut her ow' pancake?" Before either of us could answer, Maddie responded with a hearty, "Cert'ly do!"

No comments: