...I was awakened by the sound of Caleb opening his door. He came toddling into our bedroom and over to my side of the bed. He climbed right up and said, "I wan sweep here." This has never happened before. Neither of our kids have ever come into our bed in the middle of the night or asked to sleep with us. In my groggy state, I thought it was quite sweet, and I figured Caleb must have had a bad dream.
He snuggled down onto my pillow.
"Did you have a bad dream?"
Tiny nod.
"Did Mommy leave you again?"
Tiny nod.
Then I reassured him I was there and rubbed his back. I thought he was asleep.
A few minutes later, he tossed. He turned. I turned. And soon I found myself wedged between my husband and my son. The honeymoon period of having my child want to sleep with me was over...for both of us.
"Mom, you're pusheen me."
"Caleb, would you like to go back to your bed and sleep there?"
"Yes."
And so I tucked him back into his own bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment