"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
mother's day
On Mother's Day we went with my family about 30 minutes out into the country to a farm to buy some heirloom tomato seedlings. I'm going to try really hard to grow these--I want some tomatoes this summer!
It was kind of funny when I figured out that Braden & I had taken a Bradley class with the farmer and his wife 5 years ago. Sometimes the world is just a very small place.
Afterwards, we stopped by a local place near the farm, sat out on the lawn and listened to live music while we ate our picnic dinner. There were free tastings and treats for moms. It's a somewhat out-of-the-way place, but wouldn't you know it, we ran into several friends there. It was a lovely afternoon. Thank you, Braden & Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment