Wednesday, May 20, 2009

* final preschool! Z *

Yes, we actually did finish the alphabet. We are officially done with preschool!

We listened to Zippa-dee-doo-dah while we made zebra puppets, our big project for the week. At first, we were just going to glue the stripes on the zebras and call it a day. But then I got the idea of making them into puppets--and I'm so glad that thought popped into my head. Making the zebra into a puppet brought the activity to a whole new level. The kids spent the rest of the day (on and off) playing with their zebra puppets under the dining room table and creating pretend shows with them all over the house. And Caleb enjoyed galloping around the house at a crazy speed with his zebra. Preschool was fun, and I'm glad we did it. Now I'm gearing up for 'real' school: kindergarten with Maddie in the fall. I will be officially homeschooling through our county, and I've ordered 2 curriculums which should arrive next week. I am eager to dig in to them and start making plans, although I must confess that the thought of teaching 'for real' again is a bit overwhelming. It's a lot of work. Of course I only have 1 (and a half) students as opposed to 25, so it's got to be a bit easier, right?

No comments: