Monday, May 25, 2009

once upon a time...

... I was invited to a tea party...again. It was a delightful time of sipping tea, eating goodies and chatting. My personal favorite was those green sticks, which were cinnamon sticks "but diffrent ones, the kind you can eat." (Maddie was recently quite disappointed to learn that she could not eat cinnamon sticks.)It was quite the spread, complete with floral tablecloth. We had a lot of 'coconut butter' items. The tea was VERY gourmet: coconut butter-salt-chocolate tea. If you've never had it, ask your daughter to make you some and do give it a try!
Even doggy had his own place at the table. He's very spoiled, because we both had extra cups of food at our places for doggy, in case he was really hungry.
We ended by roasting marshmallows in the fire that Maddie built. I think I liked the yellow marshmallows a bit better--the orange ones seemed a little...well, flat.
A little tea party was just what I needed in the middle of a busy day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Poor child! She needs a real dog!