Saturday, December 6, 2008

cranberry relish

Some years traditions just seem to run along smoothly, and other years, it's just not happening.

Between Bray traveling and the two of us going away for our anniversary--both the week before leaving for Ohio for Thanksgiving--our normal cranberry relish making did not happen. So my mom and I decided that we would just make it after Thanksgiving.

Today was the day. But I walked out the door this morning without the camera.

Upon arrival at my parent's house, Caleb began to quickly slow down. We had hardly begun the relish when Caleb walked off into the living room and laid down on the floor, staring at the Christmas village lit up beneath the tree. He was practically falling asleep. He's had a runny nose and I think it all caught up to him.

We left Maddie and Nonna making relish and went back home, where I set him up on the couch watching Bambi. I threw a thick flannel sheet over the couch because the poor boy is so slobbery and drippy.
It's a good thing I did because he began to fall asleep almost immediately and slept there until after lunch.


And that is how our Thanksgiving Cranberry Relish making turned out this year.

No comments: