
We were finally able to give my parents their anniversary gift--a family dinner together. We had sage roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, bread & herb butter, zucchini-carrot medley, and baked apples with cinnamon gelato (my new favorite)--yum! Jess & Dave of course weren't able to be with us, but they sent a contribution. In the background above my still unpainted mantel, you can see the kids' decorations. (And good news on the mantel front--I finally picked a color! I just need to buy the paint and paint it.)For dinnertime conversation, we had a bowl of various questions my parents drew and answered: What has been your favorite trip together? What was your first date? What was your silliest quarrel? And for posterity's sake, no, Nonna does not typically spend dinnertime talking on her cell phone! Just before dinner when I snapped this picture, she was calling Jess to thank her.
No comments:
Post a Comment