Saturday, October 10, 2009

apple picking

Monday was an awesome fall day for apple picking. The apples were just HUGE! I think it must be a good year for apples.Caleb and Maddie each picked one apple and immediately sat down to eat it.
(You can always tell when Braden gets behind the camera.)
Caleb had the most fun stuffing rocks in his pockets. His pockets were bulging and his pants were threatening to slide to the ground at any second.
And of course I had to continue my tradition of buying one ridiculous pumpkiny-squash of some sort (this one's called 'pink banana'). Two ladies stopped me to ask me what in the world I was going to do with it. Why roast it and eat it, of course...and freeze A LOT of puree for pumpkin bread and such.
(So I guess I'd better go make some pumpkin bread and finish off those last two portions of frozen puree still sitting in the freezer from last year's 40 pound pumpkin!)

No comments: