I am officially diaperbag-less, for the most part, thanks to these...
For a while now I've been wanting to buy a bag for each of the kids. They go to both of their grandparents' houses so often, my diaper bag is often overflowing (esp. if they are staying the night)...and I have been known to forget the diaper bag before!
For a while now I've been wanting to buy a bag for each of the kids. They go to both of their grandparents' houses so often, my diaper bag is often overflowing (esp. if they are staying the night)...and I have been known to forget the diaper bag before!Of course I was picturing them each toting some artsy bag from etsy or something. But, for Christmas they each got a giftcard to Walmart from Uncle Pat & Aunt Marissa (thank you!). Since I avoid the Walmart near us at all costs, we made a family night of it and journeyed to a much nicer Walmart with the intent of letting the kids pick out something special. As soon as we walked in, Maddie spotted these backpacks. She liked the one with the 'pretty ladies' on it. And there right next to it was the other. We were there, they were cheap and the kids loved them.
...And they have WHEELS. Caleb spent the first week racing from the living room straight into the dining room and back again, pushing his bag in front of him.
Now before we leave the house, Maddie & Caleb pack their bags with whatever random 'necessities' they want. (I keep diapers and an extra change of clothes already in Caleb's.) As we leave the house, Caleb normally darts out the front door running down the sidewalk pushing his bag in front of him, while Maddie prefers to backpack it or properly pull her bag behind her. And I walk with them to the car...without a diaper bag.
1 comment:
Such a great idea! I'm getting Savanna one as soon as possible :)
Post a Comment