For my birthday Braden and I went antiquing and bought silver (which was actually the rest of my Christmas gift from my parents). For a while now I have been wanting to have place settings of mix and matched silver. My mother-in-law started me off last Christmas with silver she had bought for Braden's and my rehearsal dinner. I finished with what we found at the antique stores.
Afterwards, it just so happened that I noticed that
Anthropologie is copying me! But you'll do better at the antique stores...and it's way more fun to chose your own patterns.
Braden sent me out for a massage while he made fresh pasta for dinner. Fresh pasta vs. boxed pasta...there is just no comparison!
To go with our pasta, Braden grilled some fresh blue fish, and I picked a head of escarole from the garden and followed Nana's stuffed escarole recipe. What a yummy meal!
Some birthday pix with each of my kiddos...Caleb is posing for the camera and Maddie is showing off her lost tooth.
To finish off the meal we made
our favorite fresh strawberry gelato with the strawberries we had picked that morning. I'm telling you, it's so good!
I ended the day with a full tummy and a grateful heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment