So right along with her readers, Maddie is reading through her many 'Dick & Jane' volumes. And not surprisingly, she loves the pictures.
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington
Monday, June 14, 2010
dick & jane
When Maddie was born, her nursery was decorated with 'Dick & Jane' prints, and as a result, she received many 'Dick & Jane' books. Although the text is quite lacking, I have always loved the illustrations. And although I am a big proponent of phonics, the sight word text of 'Dick & Jane' can have its place when learning to read.
So right along with her readers, Maddie is reading through her many 'Dick & Jane' volumes. And not surprisingly, she loves the pictures.
So right along with her readers, Maddie is reading through her many 'Dick & Jane' volumes. And not surprisingly, she loves the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment