Caleb wanted chocolate cookies, but as I was thinking about which flavor of ice cream to put inside, I figured I'd make the ice cream for the Dads, and particularly the Dad I'm married to (and that pretty much means coffee or chocolate). I made Espresso-Cinnamon Gelato from my favorite dessert cookbook ever that I am always raving about. It has yet to fail me! Caleb & Maddie got the colored stars (yes, Caleb insisted on these despite them not being monster-truck-like), but I rolled the rest in chocolate chips. SO GOOD!!!
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
monster truck wheels | ice cream sandwiches
For our combo Father's Day-Birthday party last week, I made 'monster truck wheels' for dessert since I was making a birthday cake the next day. Though I knew Caleb would love them, it was also an excuse for me to make ice cream sandwiches, something I was hankering to do all last summer but never got around to actually doing.
Caleb wanted chocolate cookies, but as I was thinking about which flavor of ice cream to put inside, I figured I'd make the ice cream for the Dads, and particularly the Dad I'm married to (and that pretty much means coffee or chocolate). I made Espresso-Cinnamon Gelato from my favorite dessert cookbook ever that I am always raving about. It has yet to fail me! Caleb & Maddie got the colored stars (yes, Caleb insisted on these despite them not being monster-truck-like), but I rolled the rest in chocolate chips. SO GOOD!!!
Caleb wanted chocolate cookies, but as I was thinking about which flavor of ice cream to put inside, I figured I'd make the ice cream for the Dads, and particularly the Dad I'm married to (and that pretty much means coffee or chocolate). I made Espresso-Cinnamon Gelato from my favorite dessert cookbook ever that I am always raving about. It has yet to fail me! Caleb & Maddie got the colored stars (yes, Caleb insisted on these despite them not being monster-truck-like), but I rolled the rest in chocolate chips. SO GOOD!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment