Monday, March 30, 2009

* X week *

I thought Caleb would go for color mixing with paints, but he really had little interest in it and took off after about 30 seconds. But, more importantly, Madeleine really enjoyed it. I saw a good idea on another blog and tweaked it. I squeezed blobs of paint into ziploc bags. Maddie mashed and smushed the bag with her fingers to mix the colors. Maddie had so much fun mixing colors that immediately afterward she got her crayons and used them to mix colors.
Now Caleb loved gluing collage X's. He whipped this one out in about 5 minutes flat. So much for keeping him occupied for longer than 5 minutes!
He then started this one using only black beans. He got a little bored about half way through, and I had to help him finish it--but he only wanted black beans on it.
Here he is playing with the extra beans. And yes, Braden and I finally relented and cut his hair. I loved his curls, but he kept getting frustrated with them on his face. He was always trying to push them off his face, "Git out!" We figured he would be more blessed without hair in his face all the time. He looks older. My baby is becoming a boy.
Let's not forget Madeleine...she made a beautiful, organized, planned out and detailed X.

No comments: