Friday, March 6, 2009

finished!!!

I am FINALLY done with this table and 2 chairs!!!
Dropped it off this morning, in fact. And I am so happy to be done! Whew!
You can click on the pictures to enlarge them so you can actually SEE the little bugs and bees--which is all the fun stuff.

I had major paint problems and kept having to repaint surfaces. The green was really thin, and none of the paints were sticking well. This table top has 8 coats of lime green paint on it! A friend of mine who is an interior designer got this job from a client and asked me to do it. The client designed the basic color scheme and layout herself. It reminds me very much of something from MacKenzie-Childs. The client wanted little bugs and butterflies to be whimsically scattered here and there like this......and this.
All the butterflies and bugs were fun to do. I love this bee on the back of one of the chairs.And here's my favorite butterfly.
In the end it came out well, I got a check (woo-hoo!), but it was just that tedious painting and repainting of the base coats that about drove me crazy. Having to cut those edges again and again...like I said, I am so glad I am done!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute!

tessa said...

oh i do like that butterfly! hats off to the painting lady - way to use those skils ;)

Kelly C said...

this is beautiful! great job, christy!