Friday, October 31, 2008

old quotes, new finds

I found these quotes on an old (couple months) draft that I somehow overlooked...

While outside on a walk, Caleb kept yelling adamantly at the birds in the trees:
Come down heah, li'l buhdie! Come down heah, li'l buhdie!

* * * * *

Driving in the car:
I have a boogie for you, Mommy.
I don't have a tissue, I'm sorry. You should have waited until we were home and asked for a tissue. I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to wait until we're home. I can't help you.

When I went to get her out of her carseat, there she sat patiently with her hand cupped, holding a little old boogie in her hand.

Here's the boogie, Mommy.
Oh! Um, throw it on the ground, Maddie.
Thoughtfully, Do birds eat boogies, Mommy?
No, Maddie, they don't.

* * * * *

We went to visit to Daddy at work, and he gave the kids a bottle of orange juice to split while we were visiting. So on the way home I said,

Wasn't that fun, having orange juice w/ Daddy at his work?
It wasn't orange juice, it was YELLOW juice.

No comments: