Thursday, January 11, 2007

Missing...

Sadly, Braden's Grandpa died Sunday evening. While he was in his 90s, his death was rather sudden. Braden's grandmother died just before Thanksgiving, so losing both of them so close together has been challenging. Braden has been telling me about many memories he has of visiting his grandparents as a kid--like they would find and save tons of golf balls from the nearby golf course for the kids. I only met them twice, but I remember the last time we were there, Braden's grandmother was feeding her very tame "pet" racoon that would stop by her back door every day for some food. It was a sight! We will miss you, Grandma & Grandpa Greer!

Braden left Monday night to go with his family to Florida for the funeral. While we've been talking to Braden several times a day, we still miss him. Maddie's asked where he is several times. In fact this morning, it was rather cute. She had just woken up and I let her come into my bed with Caleb and me. I picked up my phone and said, "Maddie, would you like to say 'Good Morning' to Daddy?" She said, "Yeah. Good Morning, Daddy," and looked over at the other side of the bed and said, "Oh no! He's not there!"

Well, we are excited that Daddy's coming home today! Yay! I miss Braden and the fun that he brings. Maddie misses spending time with Daddy and playing with him. Caleb misses laughing at Daddy. We're praying for you, Daddy, for a safe trip home, and we can't wait to see you tonight!









No comments: