"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington
Monday, January 29, 2007
Siblings
A few mornings ago, I had sat Caleb down to play, Maddie had finished breakfast, and I was sitting down to eat my breakfast...which normally consists of one bite, correct Maddie, one bite, attend to Caleb, one bite, help Maddie, help Caleb, one bite, separate Maddie from Caleb, and so on. After a few minutes I realized I was still sitting and had actually made it through several bites and a few pages of a magazine. I checked in on Maddie and Caleb and they were laying on the floor side by side, talking and giggling together. A minute later, Maddie scurried into the kitchen, saying, "We going asleep." She pulled out two towels and scurried back into the living room. She grabbed a pillow from the couch and put it next to Caleb's head, put another down for herself. She spread a towel over Caleb, and then laid down and put the other towel on herself. They layed there "sleeping" (really talking and giggling) for nearly 10 minutes! I enjoyed the calm and watching my two kiddos enjoying one another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment