Wednesday, March 16, 2016

musical Duke

Duke seems to have the music bug. He LOVES to watch Stephen play guitar on Sunday mornings as he leads us in worship at our church. At every small group meeting Duke appears with his guitar and plays along as Stephen leads us in a song or two.

The other day he went out to the back porch and was belting out songs while playing his guitar. His current favorite is, "I sing! I dance! My harwuhowfowooo-oh. Fwhuhnuduhuhsafemahso!" Clearly he doesn't know the words. ;)

And now, the other day he wanted to know where the "D" was on the piano (because he's all about the letter D since that's his letter). I showed him. A week and half later he said, "Mommy, this is the D, right?" And yes it was. The other morning I sat down at the piano with Duke and showed him how to play the song "3 Black Bears." We spent no more than 5 minutes on it. And then the next morning as breakfast was being finished up, he meandered over to the piano and next thing I knew I heard him play the song perfectly on the piano. I know Mozart was composing sonatas at age 4, but still that's not too shabby for a 3 year old. Time for piano lessons to start!

No comments: