Thursday, March 3, 2016

Christmas Day

As Christmas Day carried on, my parents and Grandpap went back to his house, and Braden's family trickled in. I worked on preparing Christmas dinner. This was the first year of my life I had prepared either a Thanksgiving or a Christmas dinner...and I did both. It was fun!


You can see we opened up the fancy schmancy champagne our dinner club had given us before we moved. It was an enormous bottle! We drank champagne over the next 2 days to our heart's content. We miss those friends!!!

I brined and glazed the bird as usual. I love a beautiful bird!


 And this year Shawn "helped me in the kitchen." :)


We made sure we had a birthday cake for Jesus...oh and for McLaren too! It was a cherry strudel coffee cake I'd been wanting to try for some time. Susie brought pies for dessert too. There were chocolates and Christmas cookies...let's just say we weren't lacking for desserts!


Christmas clothes were a bit odd this year. We quickly realized that all our Christmas clothes are heavy sweaters...and when it's in the 70's, well that really doesn't work! I just put on a fancy dress because I had nothing else. Braden wore a red tee shirt. Duke managed to scrounge this outfit up (I think Maddie or Caleb must have helped him out). Army green isn't exactly Christmassy, but it works in a pinch.


And Maisie decided to wear her special Christmas dress anyways!


This summer I am Christmas clothes shopping for us all. I'm serious. I'm making sure everyone has something summery that's also Christmassy. 



No comments: