So our town's Christmas parade was a highlight of our month!
It was exactly what you would think of when you think small town parade.
Floats and cars were run by the local schools, scout troops, businesses and churches.
School bands, ROTC corps and dance companies marched (or danced) by.
And EVERYBODY handed out candy!!!
Kids ended up with more candy than Halloween.
"CANDY!!!"
Just kidding. I don't remember what got him this excited, but it's a great pic!
And I hit the motherload when a church was handing out generous baggies of high end chocolates. Woo-hoo!! I shared that stash with Braden, Karen and Aly.
Karen and Aly brought their kids and met up with us.
We parked at the park. Walked over the railroad tracks to the fire station. Sat in the front yard of the fire station, which was the parade's starting point.
It's the Grinch!
No traffic, no crowds, no waiting.
Everyone could see, everyone was friendly. My kind of parade!
As a few old cars went by, I could see the wheels turning in Braden's head.
He's always wanted an old car. If he ever gets one, I can see him joining in the parade. ;)
Kids loved it! We've found a new annual tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment