The night before the funeral, we all met for dinner. Duke wore his special "I love Nana" outfit. It was Maddie's idea, and I thought it was a sweet one. I'm glad she thought of it.
This photo is special to me because of the next one.
This is an old photo of Caleb holding Grandpap's hand at the beach.
Here we are with Grandpap.
The interment, the next morning.
The priest who did the service did such a good job! He was so genuine in his words, and so hope-filled in speaking of our eternal hope through Jesus Christ. I'm sure he performs dozens and dozens of funerals, but it didn't feel like this one was just one of many. He spoke thoughtfully and sincerely. There were lots of tissues and tears, but as I was walking Duke toward the back of the sanctuary during the service at one point, I was thinking those tissues and tears are sweet signs of what a wonderful mother and grandmother Nana truly was. We all miss her!
After the funeral service, some of us went to the Army-Navy Club for lunch--cousin Mike's treat. What a beautiful place! So Washingtonian.
The expressions of Duke and his daddy are the same in each pic. Too funny.
Nana, we love you and miss you and know we will see you again one day. You were an incredibly loving and caring grandma to me, who made so many things so much fun. You've left me gifts and skills and stories and recipes and many, many sweet memories. I'm very blessed to have had you as my Nana.

No comments:
Post a Comment