I forgot how funny conversing with a two year old can be...especially as articulate of a two year old as Maisie. Soon after she had turned two, we were riding in the car and she called out, "I don't wike it! I too cold. Turn the air off!" Braden and I looked at each other. I had no idea she could make those connections and put it all together. I told Braden that's probably one of the reasons our previous two year olds were fussing and throwing fits in the car--too hot or too cold, and we had no clue.
Maisie put on her sandal:
M: "I did it! All...by...seff!"
Me: "Wow! All by self!"
M: "All by MY seff."
Me: "Ohhh, all by MY self."
M: "Chidwen, obey yohSEFF!"
In case you didn't catch that, that was her new take on the bible verse she learned: Children obey your parents.
Maddie and Caleb were at our church's camp, and Braden was teaching there one day, so I brought Maisie to watch. I was sitting in the back behind all the kids and the teen helpers, and Maisie was running up and the down the aisle a bit. She caught the attention of one of the teen helpers and he waved at her and smiled. She ran back to me, smiling and said, "He wikes my belly!"
In the stroller on the way to Caleb's baseball game, Maisie was chatting with me.
"Mommy, do you have eyes???"
Bubby was leaving our house one day, and Maisie and I were sitting on the front porch watching her get in her car and leave. All of a sudden, Maisie called out,
"Mommy! Anudduh car! Iss anudduh car!" She stood up and looked at the car in awe and looked at me in awe, arms out in exclamation.
"Yes, it is. It IS another car."
"I...Iss...I, I I haff a...sitting in da car!!!" (She was so excited, she could not get the words out.)
"Yes, you sat in that car."
"MY sitting!"
"Oh, your car seat? Yes, you have a carseat in Bubby's car."
"Yah! My carseat!" (Still looking back and forth between me and the car in awe.) "PopPop."
"That's right. PopPop drives you sometimes in Bubby's car."
"Yah! PopPop!"
No comments:
Post a Comment