A few days ago Maddie and Caleb were playing next door, Duke was sleeping and so I took that rare opportunity to play with Maisie. I never get to have one-on-one time with her, and as we were playing play-do I remembered how much I LOVED this age with Maddie and Caleb. I must take more opportunities to spend one-on-one time with her this year.
So we're playing play-do and she is chatting away about play-do and then she suddenly launches into song super fast--like singing quadruple time--performing dramatically and with expression:
Cee-Cee my playmate
Come out an' play wif me
An' bwing yoh dahwies fwee
Cwimb up my appuh twee
Swide down my wainbow
Into my cewwuh doh
And then instead of finishing the song, she didn't miss a beat but finished with:
Akchwally, I don't do a cewwuh doh, I onwy do a wainbow.
I almost died laughing! Not only was it just hilarious, but I'm sitting there thinking, what barely two year old can rattle off a song like that, all the right lyrics, perfectly following the melody, adding her own thoughts at the end, and do it all as fast as an 8-year old?! She is something else!
No comments:
Post a Comment