Monday, June 4, 2012

caleb's thoughts on the new baby

The other day we were leaving church and I saw a friend I hadn't seen in months.  He noticed I was pregnant (impossible to miss these days) and commented on it, saying "congratulations."  After he left and the kids and I were continuing to our van, Caleb asked, "Why did he say 'congratulations' to you?" 
"Well, he knows we're going to have a baby soon, and that's an exciting and special thing to have another child."
"But it's not exciting.  And we don't have a baby." 
"But we will soon."
Pause.
"Ohhh, so when the baby is inside you it hurts and that's not fun. But when the baby is out of you and we can hold it, that will be fun, right?"
"Yes."

I guess all my aches and pains and pelvic issues and swollen feet haven't gone unnoticed by the kids.  Oh dear.

No comments: