So I decided to throw La a surprise birthday party this year as our gift to her. Knowing I would have a newborn, I enlisted her friend Melinda in advance to help me. If Melinda hadn't helped out, it wouldn't have happened! Melinda covered all the food, while I prepared my house and made birthday cupcakes.
The ruse was that I was going to take La out for her birthday and did she want to invite a friend or two to come with us? Yes, she invited 4 girls, one of which was Melinda. Everyone was going to meet at my house and from there we'd go out.
Well, can I just say La was such a stinker about it! She threw everything in the book at us:
LA: Getting a haircut beforehand and might not make it until 8:30pm.
US: Ok,well, let's just try for 8pm.
LA: Maybe that's too late, so how about we change the date?
US: Made an excuse.
LA: You know, I'm going out with a friend for lunch that day, so I really don't want to go out to eat twice, so how about we change the date?
US: Re-made the same excuse, stronger.
LA: Since I'm going to be late, how about I just meet you all at the restaurant?
US: Made an excuse.
LA: Morning of -- Stomach feels nauseous, not sure I will be up for going out tonight.
US: Encouraged her to still come out.
LA: I'm running late to my hair appt, so if needed I will just meet you all at the restaurant.
US: Re-made previous excuse.
LA: Back at home getting dressed bc I didn't have time to change before my hair appt. I can meet you all at the restaurant, really.
US: Re-re-made previous excuse.
LA: But no, you all could go ahead and get a table and save time.
US: Re-re-re-made previous excuse plus added a few more.
LA: Arrives at our house (finally!! at 8:45pm), calls from outside, no parking, why don't you all just come on out and get in Christy's van and when she pulls out I will park in her place.
US: Threw together some spur of the moment lame-o excuses and Braden ran out to park her car for her.
BUT, she did come in the house, and despite all of our excuses she was truly surprised. The party was a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment