We harvested our first heads of lettuce from our garden yesterday! I love it when it's finally time for those first few vegetables. I've been growing plants from seed since late February, so it's so rewarding to finally be able to eat something! I've got 8 more heads that will be ready in the next 1-2 weeks.
I also picked a few of these sweet radishes. I have not tried them before, so they are a first for this year. I am going to make a pesto from the greens. So we had our first garden salad...bibb lettuce and sweet radishes, with some store-bought carrots and tomato added...but not for much longer. I have volunteer cherry tomato plants coming up like weeds in the garden and even around the garden. I've had to pick most of them out, but I have given away about 15 or so to friends, and of course I've kept a few that are growing in convenient spots.
No comments:
Post a Comment