I didn't want to forget to write about Maddie's St. Patrick's Day report, which she presented at our traditional extended family St. Patrick's Day dinner. It was so cute. For school I helped her compose a short oral report on St. Patrick. She did so well! First Maddie thought of some things she wanted to find out about St. Patrick. Then we read about him until we had answers for each of her questions. As we found the answer to each question, I wrote down the answer, along with any other information she thought was interesting. Then we talked about how to organize her info, and then she wrote her report. I was really surprised at how well she did. All I had to do was just guide a little here and there, and then she ran with it. Maddie is very logical and creative.
After she wrote her report, Maddie decided she wanted to begin her presentation with questions to get the family interested--she was pretty cute!
Here is Maddie's report:
Do you know where St. Patrick was born?
Those are good guesses!
Do you know when St. Patrick was born?
Those are good guesses!
Do you know when his death was?
Those are good guesses!
Do you know what the first color of St. Patrick's Day was?
I am going to read a report, and it will answer all of these questions.
St. Patrick
by Maddie
March 16, 2011
St. Patrick was born in the 300's. He was born in Britain, but he was captured by Irish raiders when he was 16 years old. He lived there for six years until he escaped to his family in Britain.
St. Patrick became a bishop and a Christian missionary. He went to Ireland to teach the gospel. He used the shamrock to explain the Trinity. The Trinity is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. St. Patrick died on March 17th.
St. Patrick's Day is the day of celebrating St. Patrick. The first color that was used was blue. We use the color green because of the shamrock.
No comments:
Post a Comment