The first seeds for our garden have been planted! They are sitting by our sunny dining room window. I LOVED my little garden last year, and I cannot wait to be growing vegetables again. It really is quite amazing to plant this tiny tomato seed in February and then once summer comes be enjoying loads of tomatoes...all from that one little seed.
This year, as a part of school, both Maddie and Caleb are going to get their own pot for the patio. Maddie, in typical Maddie-fashion, wanted to grow pretty much everything in her one pot. With my help, she managed to narrow it down to one head of lettuce, peas, and a few carrots. Caleb has no idea, and I'm not sure how interested he'll be--except when he can fill his pot with dirt and dig in it. He'll be pretty interested in that! And watering...though I'll have to watch him to be sure he doesn't drown his plants. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment