Monday, December 6, 2010

our christmas tree, again

Welp, it was bound to happen sooner or later...our tree is too big. As soon as we set it up, Braden and I both laughed and said, "Oh my goodness, the tree is too big!" It's the right height, but it's enormously fat and round. Our first clue should have been that it took both Braden and me to cart the thing across the field and back to the parking lot because it was overflowing the cart so much it required one person on each side (and I was being eaten alive by the tree as I pulled).

Our second clue should have been how heavy the thing was. "Golly, I don't remember our tree being this heavy last year!!"

Our third clue should have been that the trunk was way too big to fit in our stand, so Braden had to saw off the sides.
The ironic thing is that we dismissed quite a few trees in the field because they were too fat and big around. The trees just must be running extra-wide this year.
Case in point.

Oh well, it's only for a month! And I must say the tree is simply beautiful.

No comments: