Wednesday, March 3, 2010

buckwheat hulls

Braden and I have long been wanting some new pillows. We've looked several times at pillows but have been unsure of what we want and hesitant to spend the big bucks for quality pillows. But then I read about buckwheat hulls......and 20lbs of hulls (and about $35) later, Braden and I now have buckwheat pillows on our bed. I simply filled two zippered pillowcases with the hulls until the pillows felt comfy to me. That first night I fell in love with my pillow! I don't think I'll ever go back to normal pillows again.

(Beyond being super comfy, buckwheat pillows are hypoallergenic, naturally dust-mite retardant, compostable, and buckwheat is grown without pesticides. The hulls can be refreshed simply by pouring them out of the pillowcase and into a tray and letting them sit in the sun for a couple of hours.)

No comments: