Tuesday, January 27, 2009

where's the beef?

I was making a roast during naptime. Another one of these wonderful dishes that you can assemble during naptime and have it simmering away the rest of the afternoon ready to be pulled out come dinner time. It is a wonderful thing to not have to cook at 5pm when my little kids are falling apart...and the whole house smells delicious all afternoon. I'm going to serve this one with a little pasta on the side.
Anyways, I was making the roast. This one required all kinds of chopping...bacon, carrots, onions and so on. I had a hefty, half-full dutch oven, by time I was done. Added in seasonings, put on lid, slid in oven, started closing door...and realized I had forgotten to add the MEAT! Leave it to me! I could just see myself realizing this about 5:30pm and ending up with a sorry stew sans beef. The picture is the roast going into the oven. I'll bet it looks even better when it comes out. It smells SO GOOD! I'll post the recipe in my sidebar.

No comments: