About 2 weeks ago we got to eat for the first time from our small container garden (everything I'm growing, I'm growing in large pots). We have swiss chard growing nicely. It's a great vegetable to grow, because: 1. it's one of the easiest plants to grow, 2. the majority of animals and pest do not like it, and 3. it grows from spring until well into the fall. That's my kind of plant! Of course, being a green, it's very good for you, too!

We also have zucchini growing. We harvested the first few male flowers and made zucchini flower pancakes. This was the reason I grew zucchini--for the flowers! But I am looking forward to some zucchini, too.

I've also harvested a large bundle of lavender which is currently drying. And I'm enjoying using several fresh herbs whenever I cook. Still to come--cherry tomatoes and pole beans. Both have flowered quite a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing what we get!
No comments:
Post a Comment