Friday, June 29, 2007

blueberry picking

Thursday morning I took Maddie blueberry picking. We met Jonalee and her kids and Amy and her kids there at the farm. I left Caleb with my mom and had some special time with Madeleine. Can I just say she LOVED picking blueberries! We outlasted our friends and stayed well over an hour picking about 6 pounds of blueberries. Maddie stood near me picking "only the blue ones" off the bushes, putting one in her bucket for about every 10 or so she ate. Every now and then I'd hear her humming--"Hmm...hmmmm...hmmm." "What are you humming, Maddie?" "I don't know, a song." It was really cute. She was hot, sweaty and dirty by the end, but even then I had to convince her to go. We took the few berries Maddie had picked over to Carson, who couldn't come with us because he had gotten stitches the night before.

I didn't bring my camera but Jonalee shared this photo with me--thanks! :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

She takes after me! I can't imagine how much she is going to love the farmer's markets out here!

Jenni Smith said...

we enjoyed some yummy blueberry muffins today - made by carson himself. he kept saying, 'maddie...maddie.' thank you so much for blessing us! you guys are so thoughtful!!!