Saturday, June 9, 2007

a special treat?

After I had Caleb, my mother-in-law gave me this workout video in good humor that she picked up at a consignment store for a quarter. For some reason I never threw it out and it sat around in our videos and dvds. I scanned the cover for you so you could get an idea as to what it's like...think 1991 with leotards, big hair, really bad computer graphics and girls named 'Coral' and 'Chelsea.'

Well, one afternoon a few months ago when I was tired and the kids were cranky, I was desperate--I saw the video sitting there in the pile and I threw it in on a whim hoping it might occupy Maddie. Well, that began "The Mommies and the Kids" craze. Maddie LOVES this video...and frankly it drives me crazy! The lady has got some good ideas, but, among other things, as a workout it has got to be the WORST workout I've ever seen. However, she has succeeded in capturing Maddie's attention with her rhymes and active adventures for Maddie to participate in.

All this long background is leading up to something...another fun quote of Maddie's. I threw a huge yardsale this morning and carted the leftovers to the consignment store, and I am tired! I said to Maddie a few minutes ago, "Maddie, how about a video?" She not surprisingly replied, "The 'Mommies and the Kids!'" I said okay, and she threw her hands together with excitement and said, "Oh! This is such a treat for me! It's such a treat, Mommy!"

3 comments:

Jean said...

hey, she's an advanced kid. the cover says "Ages 3 and up."

Seth and Janet said...

christy, i love reading your blog and I always find myself laughing out loud over these "maddyisms." she is just the cutest thing! i'm just waiting to hear all of the things that will come out of caleb's mouth once he starts talking :)

Jessica said...

Wow - that video looks painful!