Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Trinity

Braden has taught Maddie the three Persons of the Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, he taught her using three fingers--the thumb, the pointer finger, and the middle finger--naming each Person as though she were counting. The other day, I saw Maddie sitting down talking quietly to herself, going over the Trinity using her fingers as her Daddy taught her. When she got to the Holy Spirit, she worked for some time to get just that finger to "stand up." Once she got it, she turned to me with her fist in the air--and only that middle finger upright--and shook it at me as she said excitedly, "Mommy, this is the Holy Spirt!"

1 comment:

Beth said...

Ha ha ha! (I stumbled onto your blog last week through a random web of blogs.) Maybe you should adopt the I-love-you sign (thumb, pointer, and pinky) instead? :P Classic!