Thursday, February 15, 2007

house update

It's coming together! :) Our kitchen tile is just about done. I forgot the camera when we ran over yesterday. So, this picture of the tile will have to suffice. The tile looks a lot like slate, which Braden and I both really like. Garrick's done a great job!

This is going to be the kitchen color on the walls--the middle shade, Toffee Crunch.


Below is my kitchen sketch I've been working with, trying to determine a wall color. Maddie's crayons work great in a pinch--though I would have much preferred my watercolors! (Still packed away. I can't wait to have my art stuff around me again.)


Here's the dining room color, although I must say that my photo has washed the color out--it's richer than this with the slightest hint of peach to it.


Here's the living room color--yes, neutral neutral neutral! :) Again, it's a bit brighter with a yellowish tinge.
Lastly, a lot of people have been asking: are you going to paint a mural in the kids' rooms? Well, yes and no. I would like to do something simple in each of the kids' rooms. I was looking in a Pottery Barn Kids magazine and found this: I had this idea floating around in my head of what I wanted to paint in Maddie's room, but I didn't quite have it figured out. Then I saw this, and I knew that was it! The only difference is Maddie's walls will be a pale green--and of course it will say Madeleine instead of Chelsea. :) Maddie's room will eventually become the "girls room" should we have any more girls. So, I figure I can quickly add another name or two somewhere on the mural if need be.

I'm not sure what I'm going to paint in Caleb's room--still working on a theme. His room will be dark grey with white trim. I'm thinking some red accents might be nice. We'll see what comes of that.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope when I buy my house you can come out and help me figure out colors for it. I was helping Christina paint today - she is in the middle of what you all are doing, as well. Hopefully all their flooring will be in when they have to move in two weeks! I can't wait to find my own home!