Duke was being so silly. I remember this day well because I took some funny video of him right here, as he was running really fast and looked hilarious. His Christmas "hat" is really a doll's dress that he thinks is a hat. AND...this was the day before he...
...yes, sigh. Broke his leg. Bummer.
I was upstairs at the time but heard him still crying, so I went down thinking he'd stop once I was there. But he didn't. He'd stop and then start up again. And he refused to step on his foot. We knew it was broken.
Braden took him to our pediatrician first, just in case he could ascertain a sprain or something. But it was a repeat of Caleb at 3...no swelling, no bruising, no redness, but refusing to use it. Our pediatrician sent them to the orthopedist because he just wasn't sure.
(At the Dr's office waiting)
Duke came home in an over-the-knee orange cast. I was dreading having a 22 month old in a leg cast, but it proved to be far easier than anticipated. He adapted so fast and was crawling the next day. It was a good two weeks though, if I remember right, before he was standing or hobbling.
Back at our house one day, getting to watch movies on Mom and Dad's bed while Mommy packs.
Ummm...getting bored perhaps?
We had to improvise with seats to get his leg angled right, but this chair proved to be a life-saver. It was perfectly shaped for the Duke in a leg cast.
The neighbor kids signing his cast.
We haven't posted any photos of Caleb's strange sleeping habits lately, so here's a good one.
Bubby had foot surgery at the end of May. The kids made a get-well banner.
One day we took time to spend with the kids, because it had been a very demanding season with us packing and prepping the house. We went out to lunch and over to the park.
There wasn't a whole lot Duke could do, but he did okay.
At one of the kids' regular check-ups at the Dr's, Caleb positioned the doll next to him, said it was his girlfriend and asked me to take a photo.
A Mother's Day card for me from Caleb.
And before the end of it all, Duke ended up with a black cast.




















No comments:
Post a Comment