My wonderful Nana went home to be with Jesus early yesterday morning, about 5:30am. We miss her deeply. My parents had taken the night shift at the hospital that night and were right by her side praying for her as she died. My aunts and uncles were also there with Nana while she was still alive, and I got to talk with Nana twice before she passed away. That was very meaningful to me as I was able to share my heart with her. Nana's passing was rather sudden. It was only Friday morning that she was taken to the emergency room.
Nana was an amazing woman, wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She had a beautiful combination of strength and laughter, and she was also a memory-maker through her cooking, crafts and the stories she would tell.
While there was a small memorial service for her in Florida this morning, the whole family will be gathering at Arlington National Cemetary in May for her burial.
I so wish I could have seen you one more time, Nana, but I think that no matter how many more times I saw you I still would wish I could have seen you just one more time. You have been a wonderful grandmother to me and have left me with such a beautiful legacy, and for that I will always be grateful!
-nana%27s.memorial.table.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment