Friday, February 8, 2013

duke in the heirloom suit

Years ago when my dad was a baby, Nana was visiting Grandpap's parents and his mother was getting rid of some items...

...one of them being this suit which had been Grandpap's as a baby. Nana asked Nannie for it, and she gave it to her. 

Nana proceeded to have each of her boys wear it.  And she really didn't think much beyond that.

But somewhere along the way...I think when Cauthen was born...it was decided to carry on this tradition for the boys in the family.  

So Cauthen wore the suit, and Aunt Marissa had his picture taken in it.

And thus the album was born. 

The album that contains photos of the boys in the family, either wearing the suit, or at least a photo of the boy, because some boys never got a chance to wear it or never got a photo taken in the suit. 

Upon Duke's birth, Nana sent me the suit.  It's been waiting in a safe place in my closet for 7 months. 

Duke was finally big enough to wear the suit.  And my was he a round ball of cute chubbiness in this dapper heirloom suit!

(Summer can't come fast enough...this boy needs to be in short pants and shirts that show off all his rolls and dimples.)

I wished he could wear the suit all day, because he was just adorable in it--and it fit perfectly.

But the suit must be preserved!  More babies are on the way this year, and some or all of them could be boys.  
(Oh my goodness, what a face!)

I'm happy to say we made it through the photo shoot without a drop of spit-up...a MAJOR accomplishment for the Duke-ster aka The Spit-Up Champ. 

And here I am with my boy...in all my morning bathrobe, not yet showered glory. Duke was really cheerful, so I seized those minutes of happiness to do a photo shoot. 

And more than lookin' good, I wanted a picture of me with my baby in the suit.   

So glad for this fun tradition, and so glad  these pix came out! 

(As you can tell, I couldn't choose a favorite photo.)

No comments: