Wednesday, October 12, 2011

sigh

Our kids are prolific draw-ers. I mean crazy prolific. Maddie's always got at least 15 pictures she's "working on." Caleb just whips through picture after picture after.... Our kids also don't want to throw away any pictures either, especially Maddie. Maddie is a little pack-rat and would keep torn scraps of tissue paper if I let her. (Yes, she really wanted to keep torn scraps of tissue paper in her treasure box.)

Anyway, Caleb walked into my room this morning, glanced in the trashcan and noticed a picture I'd thrown away. Just an ordinary one of thousands that happened to be floating around on the floor. I do keep a few of the best tucked away in a box, but this was nothing special.
"Mommy! Why did you throw away my picture?!"
"Because we can't keep every picture you draw."
Maddie walked in, "What's wrong, Caleb?"
"Mommy threw away my VERY BEST picture I EVER drew!"

No comments: