Maisie is a petite little thing still, coming in at 12lbs and 11oz (4th %). She's 24 inches tall (8%). Her sweet head is in the 50th percentile, but somehow it just doesn't look all that big on her. But I must say, as I was toting a fussy teething baby around on my hip the other day, I was really glad it was only 12 and a half pounds I was toting around!
Maisie can roll tummy to back and almost, almost back to tummy. She just can't seem to bring that little leg over to flip...soon enough. Maisie can just about sit up on her own. Maisie is teething like crazy and looks like she's going to cut a canine...a little odd considering she has no teeth yet. But it's swollen and red right in that area, and she just chews and chews on her finger right over that spot. Maisie has finally dropped that one middle of the night feed. Most nights now, she sleeps through until about 7am. Maisie has started eating some oatmeal, but more still comes out than goes down, and she seems to have lost some interest in the oatmeal. I think I'm going to try something else this week.
Maisie laughs when you blow on her tummy, she loves for you to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and twinkle your fingers over her head, she recognizes all her local extended family members and gives them smiles, and she smiles and laughs when Caleb or Maddie make weird noises and funny faces. Maisie loves for you to give her kisses on her cheeks and sometimes will reward you with one of your own. She is grabbing everything, especially hair. Maisie is a happy, contented baby. She wakes up happy, talks to herself in her crib, and then greets you with a big smile and kicking legs and waving arms. She's just a little bundle of cuteness and sweet personality!
No comments:
Post a Comment