Caleb is the kid who does not like change. He's been like that literally since the day he was born. As a newborn, I had to have his diaper changed, him nursed and laying down in his cradle by 6:30pm. If it wasn't his cradle or I was running late, boy was there a cranky baby.
Nowadays...well, when spring ended and summer came, he didn't want to wear shorts for a long time. Then when summer ended and cold weather came along, Caleb didn't want to stop wearing his shorts (I don't wike wong shohts) for several weeks until he finally conceded because he was too cold. Whenever I change his bedsheets I hear, "But I don't wike those sheets. I wike THESE sheets." It doesn't matter that the ones he likes now are the ones he didn't like last time! And so it goes with all kinds of things.
But this morning I heard a new one that just made me laugh. I normally have white plastic trash bags in our kitchen trash can, but I accrued a random black one from somewhere, so I put it in the kitchen trash to put it to good use. Caleb came up to me while I was making dinner, and rather perturbed he said, "Mommy, I don't wike the bwack one in the twash. The white ones wook much better. Can you take that one out and put a white one in?"
No comments:
Post a Comment