One of our favorite things we've done so far this January has been the burning of our Christmas tree. I think we just found a new tradition. When Braden hauled it out, he chopped it up, and we stuck some branches and logs in our outdoor fire pit and let them burn.

To give the kids a bit of a thrill, Braden would take a branch and touch it to the fire. Immediately the needles would burst into flame for a few seconds until they all were burned. (Nothing like a little time exposure on the camera to make it look even more dramatic!)

Of course the kids thought it was so spectacular!

Wait a minute. Did I say Braden was doing this to give the kids a thrill? I'm not so sure about that any more. Someone seems to be enjoying himself an awful lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment