Caleb started the trip a little on the cranky side, and then on one of the first rides down...snow spray! It would be oh, a slight understatement to say that Caleb didn't quite like getting sprayed in the face at the bottom of the hill.
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." Martha Washington
Friday, January 8, 2010
fun times
The snow is long gone, but here are some memorable moments from the big storm. One day we took the kids to a rather large hill in my parents' neighborhood--the hill I grew up sledding on. Kids had already been sledding on it, so there were some nice slick paths worn in the snow.
No, that's not mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. That's Braden blowing warm air on Caleb's face after the tragic event. "(sob sob) Daddy, bwow on my faaa-aace!"
After a while, we took the kids over to a smaller hill where they could sled by themselves safely. Caleb recovered and ended up enjoying sledding. Maddie couldn't get enough of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
that looks like a blast! i miss having fun in the sun!
Post a Comment