On Saturday Maddie and Caleb got to go to their friend Tate's 3rd birthday party. Upon arriving, KJ and Maddie were quite happy to see each other. They stood there (Maddie smiling and KJ staring) for about a full minute before KJ broke the ice and blurted out a greeting: "I REALLY like your flipflops, Maddie! They are really coo-ool." "Thanks," big smile.
At the dinner table, KJ saved the seat next to him for Maddie. As they sat eating, KJ showed his affection for Maddie by opening his mouth really wide and sticking it in her face, "Ahhhhhhh." At this point in her life, she received that as friendship and giggled. She enjoyed their time at dinner.
Caleb and KJ had some great boy-time in the ball pit in the basement chucking soft plastic balls in each others faces and laughing hysterically at every hit.
Maddie and Caleb each got a little goodie bag from the party. The next day after lunch they got to eat their rice krispy treats from the goodie bag for dessert. Caleb finished lunch first and plowed through his rice krispy treat. After about a 10 second pause to think (and I am sure his brain was working hard on this one), he said to me, "Mommy, I am WEAWWY hungwy. Can you open Maddie's tweat and cut it in two pieces and she can haf one and I can haf one? Cause I am WEAWWY hungwy."
No comments:
Post a Comment