Monday, June 8, 2009

it's mommy's birthday!

We celebrated at my parents' house. Madeleine, who loves food and loves to cook, helped my mom prepare our meal. While my mom was busy preparing everything else, Maddie was 'serving me on my birthday' by helping with the preparations so 'I didn't have to.' We--that is, SHE prepared 3 platters full of ingredients, each one full of ingredients for particular sandwiches, piadini style.
Caleb helped Fafa on the grill. He also drew me a birthday picture of a bad din'saw wif shawp teef.
Happy birthday to yoooooou...
Time for cake and espresso, yum!
My dear husband, who is often the better photographer, somehow managed to take the most horrid pictures of me celebrating my birthday. And I don't mean, oh my face looks fat in that one--I mean like weird snarling expressions and getting food out from between my teeth. Let's just say this is one of the very best, and it's well...yeah. I tried to redeem a few, but cropping and color editing can only go so far!
Caleb had to be right in on the action.
The next day, my actual birthday, Braden took me to my favorite store...
...and then to The Chart House, one of our favorite restaurants. We went there a lot when we were dating and first married, but it had been quite a while since we'd been. Gorgeous view and amazing food!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I wanted to see one of the snarling pictures...