Saturday, April 25, 2009

pancake recipe

No, sorry, this isn't Grandpap's famous silver dollar pancake recipe from yesterday.

BUT, this is the recipe for the pancakes I made last Monday morning, which were by far some of the yummiest pancakes I've ever made. I found the recipe on a blog, but of course I changed it as I usually do. We ate our pancakes topped with dollops of whipped cream with syrup poured overtop. The recipe made enough for the 4 of us to eat to our fill (or perhaps a bit beyond) Monday morning, and still have enough for a second breakfast the next morning. Below is my version of Joy the Baker's oatmeal cookie pancakes.

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes

The day before, pour these 4 ingredients into a glass bowl and stir until well mixed. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter overnight.
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup water
2 T whey

When ready to make pancakes, sprinkle the following ingredients over top, then mix with hand mixer.
3 T honey
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon
a couple grinds of nutmeg
1 pinch cloves

Add the next ingredients and mix to combine.
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 t almond extract

Lastly, stir in 1/3 cup each raisins and chocolate chips.

Pour 2 T of batter onto hot skillet to make 'cookie-sized' pancakes. OR, if you want to wow your kids, make silver dollar pancakes while telling your kids all kinds of amazing silver dollar stories!

No comments: