Maddie loves to color and paint, but she doesn't color or paint THINGS. She just paints...or she colors. About a year ago she drew some pears...and hasn't drawn any since (or anything else for that matter). On a good day I can get her to draw a shape. Remember those apples from 'A' week? They were quite a feat! (Much coaxing and help from Mommy.) So, naturally I was shocked when I saw she had drawn faces in her coloring book. In all my teaching days, I don't think I ever saw eyes as big as these. They make me laugh!
the docile dog

the dog with a black eye

the dog with a wicked gleam in the eyes
So, Maddie does draw--or at least she drew--though it may take another year before I see her draw anything else. But while she might not draw much, she still says a lot...
"I watched this movie for 40 minutes...no, for twenteen minutes. I watched it for twenTEEN minutes. TwenTEEN is a curly number. You write it different and put it together and it's curly."
...and this one just struck me funny...
"...just like when Nonna babysits on me."
No comments:
Post a Comment