Saturday, January 12, 2008

li'l bobe speech

Caleb is really talking these days--full sentences now. This morning he said,
'Mommy, I see a big truck!'
and
'I want to sit on the couch with the pillow.'

Of course it sounded more like,
'Mommy, Ah see ah bee chuk.'
and
'Ahwahsih ah cosh wih piwohwoh.'

Yes, he needs his mommy to translate. Li'l Bobe is also using descriptive words like 'cold' and 'heavy'.

Caleb is still learning that 'no' is not the answer to everything. I must have a conversation like this with Caleb 20 times a day:
'Mommy, ah done. I wan mo uuummmm...'
'Would you like some more bebuh?' (bread w/ pbj)
'Nooo.'
'If you want more bebuh you say YES. Say YES if you want more bebuh.'
'Esss.'

Or a better example might be:
Screeching and grunting.
'Caleb, are you all done?'
'Noooo.'
'Do you want more food?'
'Noooo.'
'Do you want to get out of your highchair?'
'Noooo.'
And so on it goes until you tell him to say YES if he wants such and such and you finally hit upon the right thing!

No comments: